A TRAINED DOG
IS A HAPPY DOG
Prairie Skies is proud to have trained and coached dogs to the following AKC titles:
Canine Good Citizen (CGC)
Beginner Novice (BN)
Companion Dog (CD)
Companion Dog Excellent (CDX)
Utility Dog (UD)
Utility Dog Excellent (UDX)
Tracking Dog (TD)
Obedience Trial Championship (OTCh)
We work with our students to develop five basic exercises (heel, sit, down, stay, come) into life skills and use them everyday to live with their dogs successfully. When those behaviors are trained, proofed and well-established, you can call on your dog to perform them in problem situations, and then the dog problem becomes a dog success.
A trained dog has real advantages:
• He knows how to learn. Many dogs have no idea how to learn what people want.
• Obedience training provides the skills that allow you to partner with your dog successfully in nearly every situation.
• Obedience training builds the relationship between you and your dog and enhances your leadership skills.
• Obedience training teaches your dog to think and make good decisions.
• Many common dog problems often disappear or become significantly less frequent as obedience improves.
• Obedience training calms the anxious dog, because there’s less pressure on him and he’s not confused about what he’s expected to do.
Would you like more information regarding our courses? Do you have questions regarding private training? Are you a veterinary clinic that would be interested in receiving a consultation?
Give us a call at the number below or send us an email via the form to the right!